Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review of Chaos Cosmetics

Hello lovelies!
    I am back again, beaten and grumpy over my lack of video editing skills, but I couldn't wait to do this review any longer since I wanted to share with you about an AMAZING indie makeup company called Chaos Cosmetics. The company motto is "Out of Chaos, comes beauty." which totally makes me think that the owner, Pamela, has seen me put on my makeup. It is pure chaos at times but I usually end up with a look that I like.  They are a proud cruelty free company which is one of the factors that I look for in a company. So extra karma points to her for not testing on animals. All of the products are formulated without petro-chemicals, parabens, synthetic fragrances, dyes, oils, bismuth, talc or sulfates. All the nasty things that most of us have issues pronouncing which really has no place on our face. But honestly that isn't the main thing that attracted me to this company but the gorgeous and vibrant colors. I ran across the image of her color "Courtesan" on Facebook and I feel in love with this duochrome shade. Honestly take a look at these gorgeous swatches and you will understand what I am talking about.

Pigment Swatches





Gorgeous Glosses





Done with just one coat! Forgive my messy nails, it was done quickly to show the pigmentation.




While swatches are great, I want to see how the colors look on a person so here are some photos of various looks I have done with this gorgeous line.

Done with Magic Dust, Legendary, Serpentine and Galaxy

Done with Magic Dust, Legendary, Courtesan, and Disavowed


Done with Magic Dust, Serpentine, and Galaxy and Blood Lust  Gloss on my lips


Done with Magic Dust, Legendary Inguene, Coquette, and Flirtini

Now on to the ratings...

Color Variety-9 out 10 bats
   While a lot of indie companies don't have a wide selection of colors, Pamela has done an amazing job with providing an amazing selection of colors not only in the eye shadow pigment department but with her other products such as the lip glosses and even her newer line of nail polishes. There are mattes, shimmers and of course my current favorite duochromes and a nice selection of each.

Pigmentation- 9.5 out of 10 bat
   The pigmentation for these products are excellent. While she does state that her shadows are much more vibrant when activated with water, you really don't need to in order to achieve a nice color payout. Her lip glosses are simply AMAZING. The red on my lips in the picture above is a GLOSS. Not gloss over lipstick but just a gloss. Her glosses have the pigmentation of a lipstick but the moisturizing feeling of a gloss without being overly sticky. I have never seen such pigmentation in a nail polish ever, I even shared the worst nail polish picture ever just to prove a point. The color that you see in the photo is one with just ONE coat. I usually have to apply two to three coats in order to make the drugstore polishes look decent. With her polishes all you need is a base coat, one coat of Chaos Cosmetic polishes and then your top coat and you are good to go.

Affordability and Packaging- 9 out of 10 bats
   Not only are these shadows, glosses and polished nice and pigmented they come at a really affordable price. All of her shadows and glosses (she hopes to be adding tubes soon for the glosses) come packed to the rim with product in their five gram jars. The best part of it is, there are no sifters (I HATE sifters especially in pigments. I instantly remove them with the exception of glitter. Only then is a sifter acceptable)so when the product is packed to the rim it is packed. The regular pigment run $6.49 and the duochrome shades (or shifting shades) are $8.99. The glosses are $5.99 for the regular shades and $6.49 for the duochrome shades. The few polishes she has currently are $7.99 a bottle but with only needing one coat that bottle will last you awhile.


Overall- 9 out 10 bats
   I am super thrilled to have found Chaos cosmetics. They offer a wonderful color variety in their products. The pigmentation is fantastic with gorgeous and vivid colors for the eyes, lips and nails. While I love all of their products their glosses and duochrome shadows are my favorites. The best part is honestly how affordable it all is especially when you are on a tight budget like I am. It is so wonderful to be able to get amazing products without breaking the bank. So head on over to Chaos Cosmetics and tell them I sent you, I know that you won't be disappointed. 

Until next time my dears...



No comments:

Post a Comment