Monday, August 4, 2014

Mani Monday: No Power in the Verse Can Stop Me

*Purchased*
Hello lovelies!
   I am back again with another installment of Mani Monday! And if you are a super big geek like I am you did this when you read the title...

OMG a FIREFLY REFERENCE?!?!?!
   Yup that is right, today I am doing a Firefly Mani Monday feature!

I know I am super excited too!

 While I know that there are a lot of polish companies that have done a Firefly collection, which the rabid Firefly fan in me wants to collect them all, today I am doing a feature on a special limited edition run.  Yup, that is right. I said limited edition. And we all know that limited edition means, that if you don't get this polish you feel like you are in...
I feel this way every time I see something is limited edition.
Quickly followed by this emotion..

LIMITED EDITION?!?!

Then finally breaking down into this...

WHY does it have to be LIMITED EDITION?!?!
  But this lovely little polish was one of the options for the Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet for July. It consisted of four shadows which were inspired by Firefly and either a lipgloss (for the international customers) or a polish. After the Vanishing Cabinet sold out, Carrie was kind enough to offer any additional extras up for sale on the Notoriously Morbid site. So immediately I picked up this polish, cause seriously FIREFLY. Enough said. 

Yup, I am Firefly Obsessed


No Power in the Verse is listed on the site as the "first Morbid Mani polish full of microfine holo glitter in black and purple, mixed with holo blue, holo silver, rosy pink and black shards." While this polish is JAMMED pack with a wide variety of glitters I would say that you need a coat of "undies" underneath this polish to really bring out the depth of all the glitters. I mean just take a look.

All the fancy glittery goodness!


I wish the sun would fully cooperate with bottle shots..

The sun DID however come out for nail shots.. Forgive my Reaver Clawed hand

Makes me think that the whole verse in on my fingers

And a close up shot...Pretty isn't she?
   Due to it being so jammed packed full of glitters dries matte and can be a bit rough. The simple solution to that is just a topcoat to help smooth out everything and to really bring out the depth of the shine. I used the following polishes on this mani:
Nail Trek II (base coat)
Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter A Peel (trying this is my first time which it is supposed to help with glitter polish removal so stay tuned for an upcoming review)
Sinful Colors What's Your Name (for undies 2 coats)
Notoriously Morbid's No Power In the Verse (2 coats)
Gothic Gala Lacquer Smooth Me Over (1 Coat)
Vapid Lacquer's Get Your Shine On! Quick Dry Top Coat (1 Coat)

 So if you hurry over to Notoriously Morbid there are seven mini bottles left of this limited edition polish though I do hope that Carrie and Laura make this part of their permanent upcoming line. (*insert an obvious hint hint) and you can snatch up for $4.00 which is a steal. You can also follow Notoriously Morbid on Facebook, Instagram and their Facebook FanGroup. I hope that you enjoyed this installment of Mani Monday and until next time lovelies Stay Shiny and Enjoy Captain Tightpants!

Captain Tightpants wants you to watch Firefly and loves this polish too!


1 comment:

  1. I need this on my nails like yesterday. =O That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete