Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What's the Deal Dreadful? Review of Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press 50oz

**Press**

    Hello Lovelies,
        I am back again with another review. Today I am reviewing, Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press 50oz. Surprisingly enough, in my household we don't drink coffee. I know we might as well have grown a second head with that comment from the looks we get when we tell people we don't drink coffee. We have never developed a taste for it so most people wonder why we have a French Press if we don't drink coffee. We are a tea drinking household and we are constantly trying new teas to either ice or drink hot. I had read a blog about someone mentioning the benefits of why brewing tea in a French Press was so much better than the traditional tea ball so I wanted to try it. I will state this, that the French Press was packaged poorly and really should have much better padding around it and in it. If my delivery man had a bad day or a package would have fallen on the box my press would have arrived broken. However after it arrived in one piece I quickly washed it and set out to try brewing tea in it. I followed the suggestions on the blog such as only as much water I was going to use for the cups of tea being made and then allowing the tea to steep to the desired strength.  Then and this was the important part, to carefully lower the press about halfway to the bottom so that you don't compress the tea leaves and make your tea bitter. Finally pour your tea in your cups and or container so you don't over steep the rest of the tea. Then I could add more water to the leaves to create as much tea as I wanted until my desired strength was no longer obtainable. It was easy and simple enough to do after following the suggestions on the blog. The tea was wonderful and it was so much easier for creating tea for myself and my husband instead of trying to find two separate tea balls , fill them up, etc. It makes making tea for a large group of people so much easier. The press is large and storing it may be an issue for some if there is limited space. Overall I like the press, however it is rather large and they do need to make sure that the press is packaged better or else there will be a lot of broken presses delivered.




  If you would like your own Francois et Mimi 50oz Glass French Press you can pick on up on Amazon. It is currently out of stock so be sure to check back when it does return. I hope that you enjoyed this installment of What's the Deal Dreadful, until next time lovelies!




No comments:

Post a Comment